Friday, November 14, 2008

Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted Blond

It's a Sunday night, I have just eaten a rewarding meal of Steak and Ale pie and I feel like a beer to cut through the heartiness of it all. I start fishing through my beer celler and pick out one of my recent Waitrose purchases. Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted (4.2% abv) is a unique but very flavoursome ale. The combination of hersbruker and challenger hops give a taste similar to a feshly sqeezed lemon. Nice zesty and refreshing.
It makes even Jeremy Clarkson bearable.
http://www.harviestoun.com/

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger OT KG 68 said...

We had that on tap once at the restaurant I used to work at... an intriguing brew, not nothing I could personally wrap myself around. I'll stick to my DFH Palo Santo Marron which someone mistakenly tapped too early (darn).

November 14, 2008 at 6:02 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I have not had the DFH beer before, but I really liked this beer. It's taking the best elements of an APA and serving the, up in a beer you can have a decent sesson on. It would also be awesome in summer. I know that this will be coming on at The Gunmakers soon.

November 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Whorst said...

I had it in he FILO, Hastings last summer. I love Golden Ales, especially in summer.

November 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM  
Blogger Stonch said...

Tim, I've got two cask coming in next Monday so it should be on a couple of days after that.

November 17, 2008 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Jeff, called in today for a quick beer to break up the monotony of the day. BTW - your new staff member from the USA was lovely - so lovely in fact that I found it hard to look at her face whilst talking.

November 19, 2008 at 4:03 AM  
Blogger Stonch said...

Staff member from the USA is a friend of the wife of Joel, a fellow beer blogger and a brewer who co-authors Monday Night Brewery.

November 24, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, however if you are a ticker, weird beard or anonymous spammer expect to have your comments edited or removed.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home