Hofbräu-Festzelt Oktoberfest
We went searching for dryness and warmth and we found it, in the Hofbräu-Festzelt. The Hofbräu-Festzelt is the biggest tent at Oktoberfest and the only one that has a dedicated standing area. As such it is polluted with thousands upon thousands of Australian/Kiwi and American backpackers who are more interested in getting drunk and shagging members of the opposite sex than enjoying the beer. Not that I am against these activities, I was young once myself, but why travel all the way to Munich to do something that you can do in any club/pub in Sydney or any Walkabout in London? Anyhow, we had a couple more krugs and then apparently we left. I can't recall much about the beer except the website linked below claims its 6% abv. I say apparently we left, because I can't recall the specific details but Rich informs me that we did stop for Pizza on the way back to the camp site. All in all we had a good evening, even if I did spend part of the night with my head hanging out the tent door! http://www.hb-festzelt.de/en/festzelt.htmlLabels: Hofbrau, Lager, Munich, Oktoberfest

2 Comments:
did you carry on family tradition and steal a HB stein? mine is getting lonely...
No, I was going to buy a Paulaner one from teh train station though. It was only 5 euro. I'll get one when I'm back at Xmas. BTW, did you want to come?
Post a Comment
Comments welcome, however if you are a ticker, weird beard or anonymous spammer expect to have your comments edited or removed.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home